Monday, August 25, 2008

Romance under the falling stars

Malaysia International Fireworks Competition 2007


Due to the fact that I love fireworks very much, that I thought about going for this event day and night. I had to go for this once in a life time event. So, I bugged you to go which at first you didn't want to due to the massive jam. It was already 9pm and we were still deciding where to go on Merdeka's eve. I suggested KLCC then, but I was rejected again due to the fact that it would also be jam on the way to KLCC and that place would be packed with people. Brainstorming on where to go as the clock goes tick-tock-tick-tock.


I guess you saw the disappointment written all
over my face right? And hooray! You did bring me all the way there. Luckily Putrajaya is some important area that there are sign boards leading us to there. The jam was seriously no joke. We had less than 3 hours to reach Putrajaya on time for the fireworks. The jam started on the way to the Puchong toll, all the way to Putrajaya. Can you imagine that vechicles are at a total standstill on a highway? I know it happens during festive season, and so we were experiencing it at that very moment.

And so the jam continues, all the way to Putrajaya. At first we thought that we found the correct area but soon realised that it was not right as there are not many cars around. So, we headed further up. The only guideline we have is a bridge in Putrajaya. Apparently, there are 2 bridges there, so no wonder we constantly got confused. There are no chance at all to make a wrong turning as we would be stuck in the jam for hours if we made a wrong move. We did made it on the bridge- cars crawling slowly, where we just went with the flow.

There was no 2nd choice at all. It was only a few inches the car could move every few minutes. Finally, all cars came to a permanent standstill. We didn't know what happened, until we finally confirmed that the cars in front were not gonna move anymore, and so all the cars parked right on the road! Everyone got out from their cars and started walking, as if they knew where they were heading to. Actually there were just walking along with the crowd, so were we :) And we finally understood what it meant by a lot. The number of people who turned up, was seriously OMG!

It was 5 minutes before midnight, but we still had some time. Dear bought some food at the foodstall- it was like a pasar malam kind of thing over there. Money-making night where thousands of people would gather at one area. *Drum rolls* fireworks were about to start any minute, and so we hurried to find a good spot, somewhere not so muddy. All the time I was like " omg omg omg " or my jaw would be wide open, amazed by the beauty of what fireworks are capable of doing.


The whole performace lasted for 30 minutes.
Wonderful! Worth jamming all the way there! And so we had to jam all the way back too, which was not as bad. At least we did something fun :) - you drove on the motorcycle lane! That indeed made us much faster than other cars.lol. Maybe out of the few thousand ppl there I would have met some of the ppl I knew but I didn't- except for one person. My cousin! - Yeoh Han Bin. I met him at the petrol station at 2 am in the morning. I knew it was him as soon as I saw him from the back.

And so, the wonderful night ended when I reached home about 3am. It was the latest ever I went home in my life! A great experience I would say, and unfortunately I can't go again this year. In total I went 3 times last year, including the finale. So, do go for the finale this year as I am sure it's gonna be great! By the way, it's free admission this year, compared to last year, so do not hesitate and take this chance to experience what I call a world-class fireworks competition.



I call it the meteor rain, as the whole sky was covered with falling
fireworks.Unbelievably amazing!
P.S/ Thank you so much for bringing me there!

No comments: