Sunday, August 24, 2008

Addiction


The fact is I like cold drinks. But I'm not addicted to drinking cold drinks that I will drink it day and night! Even if you place a huge bottle of coke in front of me and insist that I drink it all at one go, I will still say no. Or even if I really drank it, I would have puked halfway through. I know it's scary how addiction can destroy a person- drugs. I know how it felt being on steroids but it did not make me addicted! Maybe because it was just for a short period of time. However, it only made me even more tortured and want to get rid of it! Feeling extra energetic and hyperactive all the time was torturous. Can't even have a good sleep at night, especially when I can feel and hear my heartbeat. Feels like my heart was about to jump out, it was hitting the pillow I was hugging so hard and loud that it scares me. Mainly because the lup-dup was sooo loud that I couldn't fall asleep every night. I had to slowly cut down on the dosage, but towards the end, I was impatient enough to just stop eating at all. So, I felt really horrible. Nausea, fatigue, and it's just so unexplainable. But I did not ever thought of consuming anymore drugs despite the suffering. And so is it addiction? If it is tell me why.

Same goes when we like someone. It is never hard to like a person, but it's never easy to love him/her. Some would say, " Oh you are just addicted to that person, not to say you love him/her". Well, for example, if I talk to a person day and night, laughing away, like the conversation would never end, but I still don't miss him/her or get addicted. Compared to another person, which I hardly speak to, and yet I miss him/her so much. Well it make sense because I did not spend much time with that person. But I can make this comparison based on the experienced I had. Once, I communicated with a person so much that I must see that person. You can call that addiction I won't deny. And there was once, I hardly communicate with a person as much, and yet I do not miss that person. So how can you explain that?

No comments: