Monday, September 8, 2008

Driving mania


Warning!
The following content might cause a rise in blood pressure

I bet frustration happens all the time when it comes to learning how to drive. The frustrating part of learning how to drive is that there is communication problem with the instructor- an instructor who can't speak and communicate well and one that mumbles and eats all his words. So, that's when the big problem starts...

Scene 1

Hold the steering tight and turn it this way
(so I held it the way he wanted it to be, I felt the steering going against the way I'm holding it, then only I realised that he was actually turning the steering to the opposite direction)
Don't go against me when I turn the steering! It's very dangerous!
But you said don't let go and must turn it this way
No no, what I meant was hold the steering and and.... (he knew he made a mistake and was frustrated)
(As I was also so frustrated, I just let go of the steering and let him turn it all he like)


Scene 2

(We were at the toll and he insisted i go to the lorry lane- a kancil going into a lorry lane -_-
Suddenly a big huge tanker was heading towards the car, I was already reaching the toll and the tanker insist on cutting me, which was so impossible but the driver just swung the whole tanker towards the kancil as if it didn't exist! Luckily there was another lane on the left so I just zoom there as fast as I could)

At the toll...

Wind down the window and pass the money to her and ask for the receipt
Receipt please ( I even smiled at her )
Open your mouth and talk and ask for the receipt! Ask for receipt!
( I ignored him - I know you are desperate for the receipt so that you can claim back but I'm not dumb la ok, I asked her for the receipt already and you do not have to keep harping on it! )

He does this every single time we are at the toll!


Scene 3

On the slope...

( I was releasing the clutch halfway )
You must listen to the engine sound
( Listening )
Don't press! Listen to the sound!
I'm not pressing anything, I'm releasing the clutch
No no, you must press
But you said don't press anything
No no, press the accelerator!
( So I pressed the accelerator )
Nooo, don't press you must listen to the engine!

My blood pressure was rising *bloop bloop bloop*
He taught me how to do it before and it was alright but he had to make it so confusing all of a sudden. If only we are allowed to do this on our own without someone babbling away making me more frustrated.


Scene 4


On the way out of the driving school, on a slope...

(There's a berhenti sign and I was stopping - then he started babbling something I couldn't hear )
the side mirror must be at a straight line
What???
enoejobpeqpvmz,grikvniewonwovnuwodgooe
( No time to understand what he was saying and so I just stopped completely )
press the cluthc and put to gear 1
What were you saying?
press the cluth and put to gear 1
No no, not this sentence the one before
I said, the side mirror must be at the same line as the POKOK
(OMG! this was what he was trying to say )


There is definitely a big communication error here. It's not only having poor English but it's the way he presents it. He speaks like a staccato. Every word is very jumpy and fast. I am not anticipating anymore frustrating events from happening anymore. Can't wait to get it over and done with!

1 comment:

ChoreOIndiV- Gan said...

change driving school! or request for a diff instructor?
What you just said is shit wei. lol. kesian. Well, anyway, you dont need him right, i heard you some kinda street racer adi...hehe.tc!
Good Luck with the driving test!!