Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The way things are

When I look back at the past, there are certain things that will make me say
"I can't believe it".
When I was young, seeing someone owning a handphone was a big deal.
I first got mine when I was 13 if I'm not mistaken.
It was a big deal having a coloured screen handphone at that time.
Now most handphones have at least a camera or an mp3.
Soon there will be a new model with 10 mega-pixel camera!
I can still remember using my mum's colourless screen phone which is quite heavy too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Having to straighten or dye my hair was a big deal too back then.
It was as if it was something permanent, like a tattoo.
It was a big no no to do so, as according to almost everyone, doing so would damage the hair. Somehow, I just went to straighten my hair when I felt that it isn't such a big deal after all.
And when I see people with all sorts of hair colour, I would go "Wow", wondering why those people are so brave to have weird colours like blue, green, pink, etc.
But now, it is seriously just a small matter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Having my ear's pierced was not a "Wow" thing, as this had been done even from the xxxxBC. So it ain't anything shocking to the society.
Even small kids had their ears pierced before I did.
BUT, when it comes to having more than one piercing or one near the eyebrows or at the tongue or anywhere but the ear, people would go "OMG".
Whether good or bad, anything that is out of the ordinary would definitely receive critics from society.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Going to the mall alone with friends was indeed a BIG deal for me.
It was like stepping into a totally different world.
It all started when I attended a friend's birthday at 1u.
And that's when I first went out with my friends.
I've totally no idea when I began to not hold my mum's hand when crossing the street. Everything comes so naturally.
Now, I see primary kids hanging out with their friends in the mall, with high-tech phones, and their gadget outfit.
And I'm not surprised at all, times have changed and this is the trend now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Having a boyfriend or a girlfriend was a huge issue!
As disastrous as an atomic bomb I tell you.
No matter how horrifying it is, I grew up quick through it.
It is not written in any constitution that one can only have a partner at a certain age.
I'm not sure where and when did this rule came about.
For example, in the ancient times, the bride and the bridegroom only get to see how each other looks like on the day of their wedding.
Jeez! Imagine if it's still happening now.
People advance and that's why there is no such thing anymore.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There are definitely certain rules and regulations made for us to obey.
Example, I always hope that I would pass the height limit required for a certain ride when I was small. If one is too short or tall, too bad!
A 12 years and 1 month kid does not qualify for children price anymore, which is so ridiculous. They are put in the adult category already.
18 seems to be the big number. Drink and drive baby.
Yeah but who follows these rules, if allowed people would start driving once they learn how to walk.
Who cares if a 17 year old drinks, even if a 70 year old drinks, it will still damage the liver.
We shall not forget Movies! The "18 and above only" doesn't apply anymore.
Since when did anyone want to obey them anyway.
For example, Final Destination 3 was a horrifying movie and yet they classified it as "U".
There were kids watching the slaughtering scene. They were crying their heads off I tell you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Everyone has different boundaries set, due to different point of view.
I consider mine to be an average one.
I'll just have to let things come and go naturally, when the right time is here, then that would be another stepping stone into a whole new world.

No comments: