Friday, November 7, 2008

First Time

For the first time in my life, I earned my own money. Let me specify, HARD EARNED money as working at a warehouse sale is not easy at all! My initial thought of it was mild and moderate, not too tiring, BUT I was WRONG. Day 1 was extremely tiring as we had to unpack all the products and arrange them on the table. Not only that, the products were all mixed up and we had to sort them out accordingly. In my section, there was only 1 guy helping out, so the poor boy had to do all the carrying. We also had to pack the products so they could be sold out as a set instead of individually. Even though the products were suppose to be cheaper at a warehouse sale, but of course they wont so untung give new products right? Some of the goods were damaged, boxes were really torned, some even without a box, almost expired products, and worst of all there was this batch of product that was expired till the colour of the cream changed colour and yet they still sold those products. There was no break time AT ALL on the first day. Some of the staffs treated us part-timers like slaves. Just because we work part-time, they gave most of the work to us and they behave as if they are the boss. I think they kind of have some memory loss, because, they forgot that they are also working for the company and they are not the boss. 60 bucks was so not worth it working like a buruh kasar.

Most smart ass ppl are smarter in a way, as they only came on the 2nd day to work. The person-in-charged assign each of us a specific duty for the day. After half a day facing all the Biotherm products and almost remembered all the products' well, I was no longer helping out at that counter, as I was assigned to be an UNPACKER. Not a packer, but an unpacker. The reason why they needed an unpacker was because customers were given plastic bags to grab and throw their products inside and we as unpackers would take out all the products from the bag and read out the name of the product and the price to the cashier and then pass it to the packer to pack it into another bag. However, my cashier stated that she had to look at the price even though I read it already. Maybe she doesn't trust me or it's natural to do so. And so, I did not bother to read out the price. There were so many people at the warehouse sale, grabbing things that they would usually never buy. Just because it's cheaper they bought perfumes, make-up, skin care products like they never did before. Standing for almost the whole day was really tiring, my whole body felt like I ran a marathon after everything finished. In total, I got 160 bucks and a whole lot of experience during these 2 days.

~Loreal Warehouse Sale~

No comments: