Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Welcome back!

It's been a very long time since I last visited my own blog. At times I almost forgotten about its existence. I've decided to drop by since I'm on holidays now. For the past few months I've been so busy studying and preparing for my exam till I can't even remember what I did during that period. All I remember was right after CNY it was intensive studying till summatives and after that another round of intensive studying for the next summative. Then came the study break which was in June. The entire month of June was all about preparing for the final exam in July. Surprisingly, I didn't feel as depressed as I used to last year. I guess I finally learn how to handle my stress and workload. Anyways, so glad that everything is over, at least for now.

And so welcome back to my blog!

Nothing beats a vacation after such a stressful semester! I went to Hong Kong with my mum the week after exams. It was our first time taking AirAsia and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I wouldn't mind short flights but any longer would be a bit torturing. We arrived at HK at around 11am on Monday. Took a bus from the airport directly to the hotel. It wasn't the hotel shuttle but just the normal bus. Oh and the transportation there is AWESOME! Buses and taxis everywhere! MTRs to all the major districts! This is one thing I would dearly miss about HK.

We stayed at Eaton Hotel throughout our visit there. It is located on Nathan Road, which is a very very convenient place if you wanna move around town by yourself. The room is considered spacious as most hotels in HK are relatively small. There's a McD right opposite the hotel and so we had lunch there after checking-in. I love their Grilled Chicken Burger and Pork Burger (:

After settling down and taking a nap, we took the MRT to Tsim Sha Tsui and had dinner at one of the mini restaurant there. There were shops everywhere!! Oh and one thing which annoys me the most. There's a jewellery shop called Chow Tai Fook at every corner of each street!! And I mean EVERY CORNER OF EACH STREET. OMG I can't escape the sight of that shop! There's a branch in The Gardens by the way.

We then walked to the Avenue of Stars, the HK version of the Hollywood one. I had a similiar picture like that taken in Las Vegas when I was 3. It was with Bruce Lee's star.


I took the ones I knew. I didn't bother taking the oldies. HEHE

There were ppl jogging and dating at the avenue. I guess it's also a popular hang out area for the locals.

Where I'm standing is actually Kowloon and the buildings in the photo is in Hong Kong island. Oh and by the way, the weather there now is EXTREMELY HOT and HUMID! It is even hotter than Malaysia.



No comments: