Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hong Kong Day 2

We took the MTR to Admiralty station in Hong Kong island, then took a bus up to The Peak instead of taking the tram. Oh by the way, it is very advisable to get the Octopus Card. It is like our Touch 'n' Go card. Save the trouble of having to get exact change everytime you take the bus or to purchase train tickets. One more thing, the locals there walk REALLY fast! It's as if they are always in a rush. Even the escalators at the MTR stations are faster than usual!



At the peak, nothing much actually. Oh you can purchase Disneyland entrance tickets here too. We then headed to Causeway Bay and had lunch at Bistro Delifrance@Times Square. As usual, there were shops everywhere!!

@Times Square
Toy Story!! My favourite cartoon ever! Now I know how a toy would feel, tiny :)
It was in conjunction with the Toy Story 3 premier. You'd be surprised, most of the ppl who lined up to have their photos taken with the cartoon characters were adults.



"Hui Lau Shan"
I hope I got the words right. LOL
It is a pricey but yummy desert shop which is famous for its mango desert. I'm not a mango fan since young but I really liked it. The one on the left is the mango desert while the one on the right is carrot cake in XO.

After spending some time shopping, we went to Ladies Street in Mong Kok. If you are wondering how did we managed to find our way around so many places, I'm telling you, it is very easy. Not kidding. Ok so about Ladies Market, it is basically like Petaling Street. Lots of imitations and bargainings to do. I personally don't like it very much.


Top: Curry fishball
Bottom: Dinner at a restaurant near our hotel. Guess what I found in my soup? A chicken feet.
With its humongous silver-ish toenail still intact! WTH
I lost my appetite after that.
It was that gross ok.

No comments: