Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Waiter Boy

Is it necessary to phone the person who is already next to you? This is what the restaurant waiter has been wondering for a very long time. His boss so happened to be his dad, but they do not talk about work at home. One day, the management decides to have a bbq dinner for all the waiters. So, everyone received the msg, except the waiter boy.

Boy: Daddy, why am I not invited?
Daddy: My dear boy, it's because nobody remembers you, you are not even on the comfirmation list.
Boy: I don't even know about it. Nobody told me, they always say that you are my dad so they do not need to inform me as I always have direct information from you. But they do not understand that you do not like to inform me about work.
Daddy: Even if I inform you, that does not mean that you are wanted there.
Boy: Why am I not wanted there? It's suppose to be for all the waiters and i'm one of them. They serve drinks and food, so do I. They say " Thank You, please come again and so do I". And even if the whole world does not want me there you should want me there, daddy. You could have told me. There is no need for others to text me about this event, you could have just told me when we were having dinner just now. Because you are my daddy. You love me.
Daddy: I do not see that you are very outstanding in your work, you are unable to carry 2 trays filled with glasses at the same time, you broke the plates, you can't take down orders as fast as others and you do not get tips from the customers.
Boy: Every drop of water I pour into the glass is filled with sincerity, used all my strength to try to carry the trays and it's not that I don't get tips, I did not want to accept tips from the customers, as it is my duty as a waiter to serve them.

The boy just wants to do his job well as a waiter, even if nobody wants him there including his dad, he will still do his job well. That was what he has always been doing, and still doing, ever since he became a waiter. He loves his job as a waiter and had always put all his heart into that job.

* Follow as your heart says, do what you think is right and you will not regret*

No comments: