Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Tenji

Finally I went to Tenji after so long! First things first, in case you didn't know, Tenji is a Japanese buffet restaurant. Not really Japanese as there are Chinese and Western food too. Something like Jogoya if you are wondering. They have various promotions going on so go ahead and check out their website www.tenji.com.my

This is for Kar Wei: We ( My mum and I ) sat at the same exact table as WE did the last time!! ) It was purely a coincidence. Cool eh? Hehe and somehow they had more food compared to the last time we went. Hmm I wonder why...

The drinks section
They have LOTS of drinks. From tea to coffee to juice to carbonated drinks.
Top left: Tea jars , Top right: Coffee maker, carbonated drinks
Bottom: Juices and dessert (The chocolate fountain is no longer there)
Top left: Coconut. Don't worry, it is not as pathetic as it looks in the pic. There was only 1 left when I took this pic.
Top right: Some icy dessert by Baskin Robbins. I didn't try this one.
Bottom: Kindori. It is a Japanese ice cream where they mix fruits with ice cream and blend them together in that machine.
They had a few other stalls outside which includes the BBQ crab, dim sum, ramen, more BBQ food. I think the crabs stole the spotlight :)) It definitely got my attention. Oh and I thought I ate a lot when I noticed the guy sitting behind me ate even more! Since we arrived till they left, he has been eating crab non-stop!! The whole crab times 7-8 maybe?? Or even more!! Haha I called him my Champion. Wanted to take a pic with him but he looked fierce and might even scold me for disturbing him savouring his 10th crab!! Haha
Top: The teppanyaki section where you place numbered clips into the bowls for the food of your choice and they will send them to your table when it's ready.
Middle: Steam section where you are required to place the clips into the bowl too. Portion is relatively small so I would advice you to place more than 1 clip to avoid the trouble of going back there again.
Bottom: Chinese food section where they have the clams, crab, rice, prawns, etc. I guess they change the menu every now and then as it is a bit different compared to the last time I went there with Kar Wei.
They had shabu-shabu too but I forgotten to post up the pics.
Left (Top): Sashimi. Not as fresh as I expected it would be. It was almost the end of lunch hour when I took these pics so the trays are almost empty. No pics of the classic oyster. All gone! LOL
Left (Bottom): Sushi. This I must must must comment. NOT NICE!! Super hard and no taste!! I think they didn't add vinegar to the rice. And the rice taste weird. Doesn't taste like the normal Jap rice.
Right: Giant sample of sushi rolls. But I didn't order them, as I'd sort of expect the rice to be super hard as well.
Overall: Very disappointing!! The best place for Jap food is still Eyuzu at Eastin Hotel or Genji at PJ Hilton!! Super fresh sashimi and authentic Jap food. But the truly truly authentic Jap food can be found somewhere in Subang. Forgotten the name and place but I will surely blog about it the next time I go there. Its chef is a Japanese man and they serve normal Jap food, like what they would usually eat at home and not sushi and sashimi.
Places like Jogoya, Shogun, Tenji has lots of variety and they are so-called Japanese restaurants but the food doesn't taste Japanese at all.
Ok back to Tenji. I'll try not to divert too much. Heehee
Top: Cookies! Yummy! I would say that Tenji has the most choices of drinks and deserts!
Bottom left: Cakes. Ok it looks empty because like I've mentioned earlier on that I took these pics at the end of lunch hour.
Bottom right: More cakes
I actually took more pics than these but somehow I forgotten to post them as well. Nevermind. Oh and how can I forget this. The Baskin Robbins counter took the spotlight now instead of Haegen Daaz. HD got kicked to a corner outside and it seemed abandoned.

Ok sooooo now, would I go back Tenji?? I would in the future when there's another promotion but not in the near future =))

Take note: Their promotion ends on the 30th of Nov 2009. So hurry up!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my. What a coincidence.
The place is so big and yet both your mum and you sat on the same place! Awesomeness (:

P/S: A very detailed description on tenji. Somehow seems like you are promoting your own restaurant. Haha

lingzzie said...

Hahahaha it was suppose to be on tenji...i enjoyed it though despite the disappointing sashimi...