Monday, December 14, 2009

Going Up North

Finally! I've finished uploading all the photos. Phew! So tiring! Ok I don't know why I can't type above this picture but never mind, I shall just start off here :)) We (Sam, Jie Qi, Kar Wei, Julian, Candice and I) went in 2 separate cars, for a 4 days 3 nights stay in Penang. As you can see, Sam the driver is not paying attention but instead busy taking photographs! All the budget hotels in Penang were fully booked and so we were left with just a few choices. So, we chose to stay at Krystal Suites. Let me warn you first, it is no 5 star hotel or anywhere near that. But for 200 ringgit per night, it is worth it!! We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment with a living and dining area. It was a good choice as if we were to coupe up in just one room, we would go nuts! The living room was cosy enough for us to have our mandatory pillow talks at night =))

Outside Gurney Plaza
We successfully made our way to Gurney Drive with the help of Sam's GPS (We call it Fabio). Shared laksa, yam cake, rojak, grilled stuff, fried oyster, satay, apom, char kuey teow AND siput duri ~yums~
Later that night, we watched Couples Retreat. OMG if you wanna laugh your lungs out please watch this movie!!
Jie Xun was supposed to join us for supper but he went to the wrong hotel as nobody informed him about the changed of plan and his tyre went flat too (Sorry!)
And so supper was a cup of maggie mee. But we were still so hungry so we decided to call for McD delivery. Sadly, they do no deliver at 2am over there :(( Desperate us went around Bayan Lepas searching for mamaks and thank goodness we found one!

At the newly build Kuan Yin statue


The dragon and horse-y babies

We ordered McD breakfast first thing in the morning, delivered right up to our doorstep! Room service! Haha Jie Xun became our tour guide for the day. First up on the itinerary was Kek Lok Si Temple. It was kinda rushy so we didn't explore much.

Then, we went up to Penang Hill. Oh boy was it stuffy in the cable car. It took us 30 mins to reach the top of the hill. Snap snap snap and down we went. Didn't see much either. We met up with Syndee, who is also a Penangite and she joined us for the rest of the trip =))

Drove to Batu Feringgi and the plan was to play by the beach but somehow the mood wasn't there. Maybe because everything seems to be in a rush. So instead, we went on a boat ride! Without any life jackets -_- Bad boat uncle!
Next, we went for dinner at a seafood restaurant Jie Xun recommended.


and look what the guys found! Fish! In the guy's pee-ing drain or whatever u call that.Hehehe


Day 3: We went to butterfly farm. My favourite =)) 10 ringgit per entry for MyKad holders.




Kar Wei and her butterfly



There were many other insects besides butterflies :))
The mandarin ducks, crab-looking fella, sam-looking iguana, uv scorpion, camouflaged mantis, baby dinosaur and lady bugs =))

Pregnant Sam modelling with my handbag. Jie Xun trying to be a lady.
And we tried to be pretty butterflies =))

Welcome to Spice Garden peeps!
I didn't even know this place exists in Penang
No proper parking lots, rather pricey entrance fee and lots of greens!
(14 ringgit for adults, 10 ringgit for students but it's not stated on the board, we just tried our luck. Guided tours are available but of course you'd need to pay more. ) And beware of mosquitoes! They bite.


A lil bit of jungle trekking. Well, can't really call that trekking but yea.
Can't see no spice, just the trees =))
That's Sam with his signature snake style.

The 2 posers!

And so that's all for Spice Garden. We then headed back to the hotel to wash up before going to Queensbay Mall!! I planned to spend some quality time shopping there but in the end it didn't work out. I was just too tired!! Had dinner at Azuma, sounds Japanese, well it is Japanese. Heehee. Food was not bad but we must go to Rakuzen next time! I insist =)) Since Storm Warriors was scheduled to be out on the 10th, we went to watch at 12.30am! Since we had 2 hours before the movie, we went back to the hotel to rest. Instead of taking a nap, we played "donkey" and "bluff". For "donkey", the loser had to perform a dare. For my case, I had to open the window, stick my head out and shout "I love America!". And omg just as I expected, there was a guy one floor below ours smoking his cigratte and was looking at me embarrassing myself.

Then it was movie time! Sadly, it is officially in my list of Top 10 worst movies ever. I had no idea what the story was about. Ok partly because I was asleep most of the time, but even when I was awake I didn't even know what was going on. Just DO NOT WATCH. It's for your own sake. Went back to the hotel with disappointment but we still had our pillow talk =))


Kar Wei and I at Kek Lok Si on the last day.
Had our brunch at the Sisters' Char Kuey Teow ( Not the real name ). Zoomed to Kek Lok Si for the 2nd time to buy souvenirs. This time we didn't drive up to the top, instead we walked up till the turtle pond, took some photographs and went back down.


Another reason for going all the way there was this. The one I packet didn't make it home. It went into Sam's stomach instead :(

And as for the other yummy-licious stuffs I bought, it's all digested by now :)) What about yours?

(more pictures on facebook)

No comments: